The removal of the birthmark...

Sometimes things just don’t happen the way you want them to happen…
Well it happened to me again! Two weeks ago I had an appointment in the hospital to let them check my birthmarks, or moles or whatever you call them, you know those brown circle things you have on your body, well I’m blessed with a lot of those… It’s not like I’m all covered with them but I do want to get some removed, just because I thought that it would be better! So to continue my story: I went to the hospital to get them checked and asked the doctor to remove the ones I wanted to get removed. She didn’t want to do it, she saw no point in removing them. Until she noticed a birthmark that questioned her mind and well she wanted to get that one removed.
On Tuesday I had to come back to the hospital for the removal of the birthmark. I was a bit scared though, although I’ve been in the hospital before and I spend the first 3 months of my life there I was still afraid. “It is only a birthmark, why should I be scared?” I thought. I was still nervous but calm when the doctor started to cut my birthmark away. I thought I would end up with 2 stitches and a little bit of a scar but things changed a bit, because the birthmark was about 2cm and she had to cut all the skin around it away(I don’t know why they do that, but anyway…) In the middle of stitching me up her intern fainted so there I was lying on this table with a doctor stitching me up and an intern who couldn’t really handle it….I felt so awkward. I couldn’t really see what they were doing because the spot was right under my arm. Anyway, she stitched it all up and I’ve got 8 stitches and it hurts more than I ever expected. It’s only a birthmark, I feel so stupid! On Wednesday I hung out with one of my best friends and I think I’ve mentioned the pain a dozen times to her. Poor girl. In the end I told her: “it’s not like I want to whine, or complain or that I’m feeling sorry for myself but I just need attention.” She couldn’t stop laughing and said that it was ok. I'm such a drama queen! lol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ik heb een kijkje op je site genomen.
Een fijne dag nog.

Grt. Ellen