Singleness

Singleness. What a great word! I think I have drawn everyone’s attention now, or at least I hope so. I’ve wanted to write a blog about being single for quite some time. But I never really have gotten to a point to actually write one. I’ve no clue what I am going to write at this point but I felt I just had to write a blog about it.
What’s it like to be single? Great? Okay? Or horrible? I personally think it can be all three of those words. Sometimes it’s great; there are plenty of nice guys/ girls on this planet… Other times it’s okay: not spectacular and there are times that you are lonely and it sucks. I think everybody goes through these periods in his of her life. I’m single and I know all about it.

But:

do I need to get married in order to be happy and successful: No. Is there a particular guy in my life at this moment: I don’t know, who knows.. Do I want to get married someday: yes! Would I mind if God has other plans for me: mmm…yes and no. I know that God’s plans are the best ones in life but on the other hand I do want to get married someday.

It’s great to talk with other people about this subject. Normally I don’t talk much about it because what should I say about it? I don’t mind being single. I know how awful dating can be but that doesn’t make me want to stay single. Things that happened in the past happened in the past. I’m looking forward to have my own family later on in life. All in God’s timing! My family basically things I’m going to be this OLD single lady. My friends on the other hand say that I’m way too young to actually worry about these kind of things. What I do believe is that we are living in this love- centered world. Our creator is the one who invented LOVE. Love can be really good but it can be used in a wrong way too. Everyone needs love and that’s why a lot of people are on the search for someone to love. Nobody is satisfied until they find that particular person. What most people forget is that real love comes from the One who is in the heavens reigning over the world. What He did for us: well that’s REAL LOVE! I want to end this blog with a quote from Louie Giglio:

"There's a lot of pressure to find the right one. But how cool would it be to fall in love with Jesus in such a way that He rose up to the top of your satisfaction quotient and He became the thing that satisfied your soul. And forever more you were going through life asking the question, 'I wonder if she's the right two.'"

3 comments:

Kate said...

Jackie! Perfectly worded...wow. Good job Hon!

Anonymous said...

Woow Jac..!!

Super gedaan zeg!! Amen to that!!

Luv yah! xxx

Kendra said...

J.

Thanks for the message on facebook. Singleness is something that definitely I'm learning through, too.

Early in my walk with Jesus, I had my heart tightly bound to a guy. All I knew when it didn't go my way was brokenness. Again and again I brought it to the Lord. At the time, I didn't have a clue how to study my Bible. I would read and get frustrated.

Then one day the Song of Solomon jumped off the page and into my heart:

"Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you by the gazelles and by the does of the field; do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires." (2:7 NIV)

The time for her love to be aroused was not yet. There was a God-ordained place and time.

I agree with you, that God is in control. We don't have to chase after men. God will direct the eyes of that #2 man (Louie's quote).

When love doesn't come in a timely fashion, we can trust God's timing.

When certain men don't turn their affection toward us, we are called to wait.

Arousing our emotions to love is such a danger for us gals....YET WE DO IT ALL THE TIME!!! Each girl personally knows the things that will drag her into emotional impatience, and should guard her heart against them. When we arouse our hearts we live out the lie that God's ways are not for our best. His ways ARE best, and we need to help one another wait and enjoy the fullness of life with Christ while we are single.

Good word, sister. Keep chasing after Him!