Nostalgia

This week I've been thinking about the bands I liked (and still like!) when I grew up. I was a big Hanson & Kelly Family fan. To this day I still love their music and try to go to their concerts whenever they are around.

I remember that I had a huge crush on the drummer of Hanson (Zac) and a huge crush on the singer of The Kelly Family (Paddy) I was obsessed with them, seriously! ;-)
You can imagine that the hormons of teenager set off easily, mine actually did!

Today I was surfing through the web and came across a video of Paddy Kelly. Paddy is still a Kelly but he's not in the bpart of the Kelly Family (as in band) anymore. Actually he joined a monestary. I barely could imagine that a 'hot' guy like Paddy joined a monastary! But yes he did.

To be honest I really admire him for that. He has had the rock 'n roll life, probably had many women around him fighting for his attention and well lived that lifestyl but still it wasn't that fulfilling so he quit the lifestyle and went to a monastary to learn more about his catholic faith and in the end joined the monastary. He's now called brother John Paul Mary.

I'm not a teenager anymore neither am I still obsessed & crazy in love with Paddy or Zac or someone else (other than maybe my boyfriend ;-)) But looking back and seeing how the lives of Paddy Kelly and Zac Hanson have evolved into something meaningful makes me admire them even more. Being a christian myself I find it hard to fully give everything up for God and Paddy did this! He gave his fame (and probably fortune) up to live a simpler life and a life of celibacy. Wow. I only wish more famous and not so famous people could do this.




Paddy (now)


Paddy (then)

No comments: