I have been praying and wishing and hoping that God would give me the opportunity to go to Atlanta to be at the Passion conference on jan 1-4 2007! Unfortunately I had to stay home, but God did answer my prayers and I was able to watch most sessions online!My blogfriends Donna, Gail, Jess, Kim, Silke and Lisa were able to go! All were volunteers! And I thank them for letting the ones that stayed home know how things were going! Thank you guys! I found something on the 268blog that I wanted to share...Favorite Passion 07 moments! Those moments are definitelt the heighlight for me:-) All honor goes to:
tired volunteers, Donna, Gail, Jess, Kim, and Silke and to Miranda (FoG) for the pic:-)
Favorite P'07 Moments:
* everyone getting on their knees to pray (in an arena with not so flexible seats)
* the visualization in our minds of the Throne of God (thank YOU, FATHER, for Francis, this picture has been on my mind since)
* Matt's "Praise the Lord and Chris is short" (why does Matt win every time? :)
*"Matt Redman cannot change strings on a guitar; he says it's an honor for other people to change his strings on his guitars."-Chris Tomlin
*"Glorious, gutsy guilt"(Piper)
* Charlie's opening night, leading us in worship THROUGH past hurts, pains, stolen things, and lack of approval
*the cut of the Amarillius - it cut deeply.
* watching 24000 walking around in complete silence
* WAITING for God when there was nothing to do
* Beth asking us to "put our tape-measures away" because we know who we are in Christ (Yeah!)
* Global awakening...
* many many new songs about broken lives being fixed, and ourselves being rescued... oh, and better than just the repair jobs... the fact that despite our brokenness we SHINE
* Travis' drumstick breaking and flying off stage, and to the lyrics of "'Cause I know that You're alive/You came to fix my broken life" and realizing that not any human can fix a broken drumstick, really. Yet God fixes broken lives, hearts... and drumsticks with ease.
In 2008 Passion hopes to go abroad...there won't be a conference but there will be Passion:-) I'm excited!