When we were young...

If a parent, a grandparent or someone else says: "When we were young...." you just know you're in trouble.

I'm a very stuborn person, have been stuborn my whole life and will probably stay that way for the rest of my life. I know what I want and I stick to it. And I always get in trouble because of that. Esp. with my parents. Officially I moved out, which means that I have an apartment somewhere else, but unofficially I still live there in the weekends and sometimes during the week. I travel a lot back and forth. Not that I can't live without my parents or family but I love being in my old hometown and love spending time with my friends there.

Living with your parents at a certain age can be a little bit difficult. They nag about everything. I know they love me but sometimes it feels like they can't stop nagging. They support me in everything I do (almost everything) They know that if they don't support me, I'll do it anyways, haha. But their way of saying I love you is nagging about certain things. The one line I get to hear every single time is: "When I was your age, I was already married and had two kids."
Right! So should I get worried now? Haha. I always answer: "I'm glad that I don't have two kids at this age." And of course then hell breaks loose and I get to hear more about life when they were young and how much better that was! I personally think it's funny and normally I just let them say their thing and everything is all right after that. But I do wonder if this is something we will say to our kids in the future. Can you imagine?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm when I was your age I was going with this guy. Did i ever tell you about it........LOL !

Well that reminded me that I have to send you my notes on a talk ! Someone who we respect says to ask your parents things and seek thier advice. So i'm going to give you something to think about Ms. VDP !!!